Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Vinyl Obsession: DARK WAS THE NIGHT

Vinyl Obsession: DARK WAS THE NIGHTDARK WAS THE NIGHT

My boyfriend bought this vinyl a few months ago, and it has been in heavy rotation at our home ever since. Dark Was The Night was produced by brothers Aaron and Bryce Dessner of The National, who formerly worked for the charity organization, Red Hot which benefits aids research. Their proximity and relationships with other musicians allowed the guys to recruit some pretty phenomonal artists for the project. I know this is all old news in the music world, but I just can't get enough of this album.


At first, I feel completely in love with Yeasayers song, Tight Rope.


And now, I'm pretty stuck on The Nationals, So Far Around the Bend. Beautiful....


And I'm slowly moving on and on and on. Another love is Justin Vernon and Aaron Dessner's, Big Red Machine.



There are tons more great songs and artists on this record including Grizzly Bear, Feist, Antony, Spoon, Beruit, Cat Power, and the list goes on. Just check it out for yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment