Friday, May 29, 2009

If only time could stop...

Benjamin Alexander Huseby
Oh to lay in the fields of dandelions while sharing my deepest secrets.
To dream of being a little girl again.
To be whimsical and carefree of anything in the world except for the moment at hand.

Oh how I long for a moment so liberating.
In a fast paced world where we rush from dusk to dawn and then again to repeat the process.

I just wanna slow down.
I just wanna be able to remember what is passing before me.

"What's the day?"
"Whats you doing?"
"How's your food?"
"How's that song?"
Man it passes right by me it's behind me, now it's gone
I can't lift you up cause my mind is tired, it's family beaches that I desire
That sacred night where we watched the fireworks
They frightened the babies and you know they've got two flashing eyes
And if they are color blind, they make me feel, that you're only what I see sometimes.

-Animal Collective (Fireworks)

No comments:

Post a Comment