Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summer with the Girls

Vintage Beach

One of the best vacations that I've ever had in my life was spent near my aunt and uncles beach house in Gulf Shores with my best friend Jessica. We were barely eighteen, if that, and thrilled to be spending our first summer without the parents.

Our mission: boys, suntans, boys.

After looking through all of these vintage beach photos from the flickr group pool "Vintage Bathing Beauties/Belles- Late 19th century to 1930's," I was reminded of that summer. It makes me miss the friendship and the moments that we shared as naive little teenagers on the hunt for love. Although were all grown up now, (kind of) with boyfriends and real jobs (well, at least she's got her masters), I would love to plan another summer trip for just me and my Jess!

No comments:

Post a Comment