Monday, June 1, 2009

by way of the green line bus

Nico vs. Kate

Left: Nico/Right: Kate Moss
I finally got my Nico vinyl in the mail this past weekend after two months of shipping problems. I ordered it at the beginning of April but with the move and the new address, shipping was a big mess. I'm so glad to finally have it! When I saw the back cover photo I couldn't believe how much Kate Moss resembles Nico. I've never noticed it before, but surely I'm not the only one that sees it now. What do you think?
The album I ended up getting is Chelsea Girl and the biggest motivator for me purchasing that particular record was the song "These Days." I'm posting the video that made me fall in love with the song and Ms. Nico. It's from the Royal Tennenbaums, and Nico's track sets the scene beautifully. Thank you Wes Anderson.


1 comment:

  1. I love Nico, and I see the Kate Moss connection (she'd be great for a biopic). My friend and I agree.

    ReplyDelete